RobinSmithSwing.com - Professional West Coast Swing Dance Instruction
RSS

Recent Posts

10 Things Good West Coast Swing Dancers Do Differently
The Challenge Of West Coast Swing
What is West Coast Swing ?
What is Swing ?
Perceptions and Expectations

Categories

Choices
Perceptions
Technique !!
Timing, Teamwork and Technique
powered by

My Blog

Conversing THRU Connection

I speak of these things often in private lessons as well as group classes and workshops. But here it is again summed up clearly in an article by a friend and colleague Mr. Micheal Kiehm. Enjoy and learn ! I am always available for private lessons to help you with this.

by Michael Kiehm on Monday, January 16, 2012 at 12:33am

This weeks topic is "conversing thru connection"

You need the following traits to be considered an advanced dancer in any style of dance.

Excellent technique (footwork, lead/follow)
Precise timing control
Total Space awareness (between you and you partner, and the physical space you are dancing in)
Superior balance (controlled placement of body over feet)
A high level of knowledge of the particular dance style
Acute sense of musicality and the imagination to be creative.
an adaptable connection (to know how much to use)

One factor that is commonly overlooked, is "Emotion thru connection". This is where you let your partner feel not just "What your doing", but "what or how your feeling" while your leading or following, whichever the case.

It's not uncommon after having an incredibly inspiring dance with someone, that I would ask "what are you thinking about while we are dancing, that makes it so easy for me to be very creative or keenly in touch with you?????". The replies seem to be consistent. The partner usually just says, "I want YOU to feel how much I enjoy the movements I am creating with the music". They would also add, "Because you don't rush me, I feel I have time to be more expressive and creative. So I want you to feel what I feel, so you will continue to dance this way with me"

Besides the obvious physical connections of leverage and compression, emotional connection is right at the top on my list of concepts to improve on!

The next time your on the dance floor, try emoting thru your connection. Hopefully, your partner will be paying attention.

25 Comments to Conversing THRU Connection:

Comments RSS
lingerie sexy on Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:32 AM
This is just the information I am finding everywhere.Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right.Thanks for the information you post. I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.

coach outlet online on Tuesday, February 26, 2013 11:54 PM
This is my first time i visit here. I discovered so numerous interesting stuff in your weblog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all of the enjoyment here! maintain up the great work.

fake omega watches on Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:42 AM
How I like your post!Being very much pleased to know that your great website is up and running. Hopes you also like:fake breitling watches and fake rolex watches !Good luck.

fake rolex watches on Saturday, April 13, 2013 2:43 AM
I cant believe what I see this excited news! I'm so happy to get that your great website is welcome. Hopes you also like:replica omega watches uk and replica breitling watches !Thank u.

fake oakley on Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:23 AM
There's the moving news you've written.Hope you like mine,too!

Rolex Replica on Wednesday, May 15, 2013 1:54 AM
Your Post is very helpful and you gave very good info in your post. I am very happy to read your post.

more details here on Wednesday, June 05, 2013 1:17 AM
Harrington Brooks was deregulated for VAT over 10 years ago and received an enormous back payment of 17.5 percent of all their clients payments, which to this day, has never been given back to the clients of Harrington Brooks & all associated companies under the control of Nick Holmes & Miles Grady (All Clear Finance and the directors of Paymatters). Worse still they kept charging the equivalent fee for nothing. No clients ever found out that Harrington Brooks did not have to pay VAT. I believe this has kept going on to this day.

Prom Dresses on Thursday, July 04, 2013 10:01 PM
I congratulate you upon your success.

montre replica hublot on Monday, July 15, 2013 5:48 AM
Being in the universe, we though small space, although when running in a sea of ??people being involuntarily, the shuttle in the time tunnel we can not do anything, but we do not have to give up: Pursuit true to yourself.

swiss uhren replicas on Friday, August 23, 2013 12:30 PM
Rue flux régulier de véhicules. Lane allée, les piétons animée. L'exposition à la clameur de la ville, la marche dans la foule, la période de prolongation, leva les yeux, en regardant l'avant de la tête couru, se sentant un peu fatigué, mais n'a pas osé laisser en place, d'obtenir un peu fatigué, mais pas de négligence, mais n'a pas osé renoncer à une partie emmêlés. Traces de plus en plus lourds, ont encore à l'étape par étape, toujours plus loin - aller!
Reply to comment

Best Place To Buy A Replica Replica Cartier Paypal Payment Watch Online on Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:34 PM
Union LA has introduces a new line into their store Automatic Wholesale Fake Bell Ross China Watches For Men 8211 Anachronorm As stated on the Buy Replica Longines Watch Paypal Vintage Watches Union LA website Anachronorm hails from the city of Best Place To Buy A Replica Replica Cartier Paypal Payment Watch Online Okayama in Japan where all the denim is made and they take great care in producing 8220 antiqued 8221 clothing The collection include shirts jackets denim shorts and accessories check out the Anachronorm Spring Summer 2010 Collection below

Bester Schweizer Replicas Uhr on Friday, November 01, 2013 9:41 AM
Armbanduhr hat Globetrotter Forscher - und Serien Schraubverriegelung der unten in der Tabelle , und warf einen ber眉hmten Amerigo Vespucci eine Ketsch Muster.

uhren replica osterreich on Friday, February 28, 2014 4:38 AM
Wir pchase eine Shephed zu verbinden, Goyad Handtaschen Replik Uhr Otet wie wir als , wie yo kann sich an jemanden ot des wate dag . Also , falls Ihr Copywriting ist gut, sollten Sie Ihre Website Replik Beobachtung selbst zu behandeln.

skup telefonow warszawa on Friday, March 14, 2014 2:04 AM
Nice layout!

Contacts manager on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 6:20 AM
I was looking forward such kind of post Conversing THRU Connection.I have been much benefited to get this informative site. Thanks a million friend. Carry on.

strona www on Thursday, August 21, 2014 5:01 AM
use the assistance of expert might be greatest option solution people confident it will probably go with all around, decided on interior design

adres www on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:39 AM
practice, it will be plenty of in order to reduce together with modify accordingly Buying your furniture that will size

Wettquoten Vergleich on Wednesday, August 27, 2014 4:30 PM
Viel zu viele Rookies in Bezug auf Auswahl die ideale im Netz wir auf ihrer eigenen ist durch versichern von a signifikanten bonus Auszahlung. Die besten linesmakers sind diejenigen, die haben a Sinn Community glaubt .

strony www on Friday, October 10, 2014 1:30 PM
A excellent consultant is aware everything that he is working at instead of do not succeed us Starting out of your morning hours eating, and even ending the exact night bathroom are generally without stopping on his feet

strony internetowe on Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:18 PM
It might be, nevertheless sometimes to be able to detect, to visit many specialist retailers so that you can see Focusing concerning answers of top quality attractive floors are usually important to be prepared for a huge expense

profil on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 7:42 AM
independently adapt -selling paint. Otherwise, you are able to expect Their chief bonus is without question the country's potency. Traditional ceramic tiles may also be characterized by hardness

ristorante milano on Friday, April 17, 2015 11:28 PM
La ragione popolarità di ristorante milano è che essi presentano i pasti nel modo più fantasioso e creativo possibile. Ogni piatto è come un'opera d'arte per chef italiani. Sono gli unici ristoranti che producono le pizze da 20 pollici, che hanno respirato varie verdure diverse, frutti di mare, le spezie e carni che non si sarebbe nemmeno pensare di combinare.

Bailey Thomson on Monday, April 20, 2015 6:55 AM
thus whether or not that's your current case, when i acknowledge with Emily's document The item there Just in case end up being a great little extra room about 18 with regard to YA fiction protagnoists.

strona internetowa on Thursday, June 25, 2015 4:34 PM
Canvas is certainly merely a cloth for bed linen, is a sort of natural plants Patterns on the window treatments are potential with zones that have some unvarying wall
Reply to comment

http://123essay.org/essaytigers-com-review/ on Saturday, November 12, 2016 6:43 PM
Well, thank you for making such useful article.